Bandit 1200 Chop - Carb Jetting/Air Filters

Hi guys, new here so apologies if it is not the done thing and I am sure that this question has been asked a million times.

So I am working on a b12 chop project and before I had the carbs cleaned it was bogging in mid range and a bit lumpy low speed.

The guy who cleaned the carbs raised the needles so I am hoping that will help the mid range but I wont know until i fire it up.

My question is currently it is running standard jets and K&N pod filters which are crush in due to the space being tight behind.

I understand the sock filters with an inlet rubber adapter might be a better solution, if so what do I need to do with the inlet rubber?

Also, I am assuming that I will need to change the jets? Can this be done on the bike as it was a massive ballache putting them back on?

Again apologies if this has all been asked before and thanks for any help in advance.

Edited by gunslingermonk
  • gunslingermonk changed the title to Bandit 1200 Chop - Carb Jetting/Air Filters

Yes , it has been asked before.

The general consensus is that the stock airbox is the best option.

If not possible the most favourable option appears to be to use the oem airbox rubbers with a foam type filter.

Yes, you need to go up in main jet size.

Yes, you need to book dyno time / a rolling road operator to get a decent air / fuel ratio.

To change the jets you need to remove the float bowl to be able to access them for removal and installation. That's loosen and tighten 16 JIS ( not Philips)  screws made out of cheese . I think it is safe to say... No: Stop being lazy and remove the carbs to be able to work on them in a decent manner.

No, we can not guess the final outcome of the jet size.

Disclaimer... fuel is flameable. Only dick around with it in a well ventilated area.

• Like 1

Yes it will work perfectly fine. 

But save all the agro, goimg round in circles and going on jetting advice of others.

Dont bother wasting money on a dynoshit kit, ot will just make it harder to get setup well and end up being shite on fuel.

Get it to a decent dyno place that actually knows what they are doing, pay for some time and a set of jets to suit.

• Like 1