Header compatibility...?

ZenViking

I'm getting to the point where I can see that I might be able to fire up my EFE 1100 in the foreseeable future and will be needing some new headers. 

So i'm wondering which headers that will be compatible with my 86 EFE. Are there any of the GSXRs or other bikes from that era that will fit? with minimal tinkering preferably. 

I would love a Plug'n/bolt'n play 4-2 header system that i can slipp on some  short mufflers.

• 3 months later...

No more 4 in 2 then? Which make are these? I got some BOS system which fits the aircooled engines nicely and a MAB with shorter headers so that the collector would touch the sump. No big deal, just an additional set of head gaskets reqired. Akrapovic will also fit. 

• Like 1

Years ago had a gsxr750 slingshot V&H zorst on my GS1000. Had to elongate the bolt holes on the collars. The 1100 down pipes are longer than the 750, also some of the non performance zorsts have a smaller diameter down pipe then the air cooled 40mm on oil 44mm on air.

• Like 1
On 4/9/2020 at 4:51 PM, Pedda said:

No more 4 in 2 then? Which make are these? I got some BOS system which fits the aircooled engines nicely and a MAB with shorter headers so that the collector would touch the sump. No big deal, just an additional set of head gaskets reqired. Akrapovic will also fit. 

In a perfect world I'd get my 4-2 and be a happy bearded man, but haven't managed find anything remotely close. I'm also not that a savy mechanic so I'm learning on the job and taking everything i read in here as gospel.

This system is a "FUTURE" complete system. I was hoping to use a cheaper secondhand zorst, seening that anything that i buy on eblag or anywhere else on the interwebs gets expensive quick fast and in a hurry as it goes through the Norwegian toll and taxation.

Thanks for the Options of BOS,MAB and Akrapovic.

On 4/9/2020 at 7:21 PM, wraith said:

Years ago had a gsxr750 slingshot V&H zorst on my GS1000. Had to elongate the bolt holes on the collars. The 1100 down pipes are longer than the 750, also some of the non performance zorsts have a smaller diameter down pipe then the air cooled 40mm on oil 44mm on air.

This system is supposedly a performance aftermarket exhaust for a GSXR 1100 91", so i'm thinking it should fit from what i have gathered from my reading of different postes in here. Not sure about the diameter of the downpipes, but that difference in size can be remedied with some gaskets right? 

• Like 1

Oilcooled downpipes are as wraith states usually of a smaller diameter than are downpipes for aircooled bikes. Why not ask Dave at Exhaustcraft to send you some of his totally cool stainless big-bore GSX downpipes and collector, and then fit your own can and link pipe? That's what I did for my Harris: you end up with a bespoke system for less than the cost of a fashionable branded job. The big-bore downpipes definitely look the part; the narrow pipes for oil cooled machines can look a bit weedy by comparison.

• Like 1