Running on 3 cylinders on idle

fredbcj

gsxr1100 m ,i have checked valve clearances,compression,changes ht leads ,cleaned carbs ,  it runs fine until slow riding when it will bog down then run on 3 , open it up and it coughs like a 2 stroke ,clears then takes off, 

i am thinking blocked pilot or more likely i think ,perished O ring round the float valve seat ,would it flood a bit ,the plug on this cylinder is black on the electrode,

any help ,pointers would be greatfully recieved,cheers fred

On 10/25/2019 at 11:08 PM, fredbcj said:

I think I have found the o ring sizes, 7.5mm i/d x 1.5 mm , obviously petrol resistant viton ect, does the size sound correct. You can see number 3 rich flooding on idle 

Yes that small O-ring dimension is 7,5 i/d x1,5mm ,

also is important to check condition of O-ring on each intake manifold boot .

Intake-Manifold-Insulator-Boot-Set-GSF-1200-Bandit-_1.jpg

1 hour ago, fredbcj said:

thank you , bought a screwfix hilca viton o ring set ,and its sweet ,thanks for all the input

Interesting. I am sure there are many on here, e.g. me, who would be interested in a source of the correct size viton O'rings for carb rebuilds. What does the kit consist of and how much does it cost? Link please:)

1 hour ago, fredbcj said:

I know, all I could get on a Sunday as this motorcycle is my only transport 

Understood that - it's just you described them as Viton - when they aren't!

Others could read this and assume they were getting Viton (for a particular purpose) only for these Nitrile ones to fail / leak with serious consequences!