gs650 front end sits to right

v-twinwalker

finally got to putting on forks and the tree on my bike, tree went in easy, my right side fork went in easy,and the left was a bit of a sturggle but went in all the way no doubt, my issue is my tire ends up sitting off to the right, i can push it to the left to where its straight but it never stays, ive tightened it holding it straight but it didnt take the problem away, i had this issue with the last pair i used so im guessing that the forks arent bent or the tree but why is this happening? the wheel also has been balanced before theres weights on it that sit on the left side of wheel

44 minutes ago, v-twinwalker said:

its on its service stand and a jack and im on flat ground thats kinda a dumb answer, my left fork sticks out forward a bit, i think its my top tree i did crash and messed the front end up in the first place  

Sorry, mate. Couldn't resist!;) Joking aside, you say you've dropped it? Are the yokes (trees) steel or alloy? I'm guessing the latter. Slacken the yokes off, and try again. If all goes well, you've simply had everything done up too tight, and miss-aligned. If still no good, leave the yokes in the bike, remove the legs, and take a measurement from beneath the top yoke, (where the stanchions go 'thru), to the top of the lower yoke, at the same place. This'll show if the yokes are bent. Or, remove the top yoke, sit it on a known flat  surface. Both ends should have contact. If pressing down on one side creates an air gap ... another indicator your yoke is bent (twisted)! I wouldn't recommend trying to straighten the yoke(s), as they're easily available from breakers. 

Edited by Swiss Toni
1 hour ago, Swiss Toni said:

Sorry, mate. Couldn't resist!;) Joking aside, you say you've dropped it? Are the yokes (trees) steel or alloy? I'm guessing the latter. Slacken the yokes off, and try again. If all goes well, you've simply had everything done up too tight, and miss-aligned. If still no good, leave the yokes in the bike, remove the legs, and take a measurement from beneath the top yoke, (where the stanchions go 'thru), to the top of the lower yoke, at the same place. This'll show if the yokes are bent. Or, remove the top yoke, sit it on a known flat  surface. Both ends should have contact. If pressing down on one side creates an air gap ... another indicator your yoke is bent (twisted)! I wouldn't recommend trying to straighten the yoke(s), as they're easily available from breakers. 

lol thought u were trying to troll me i was like is this dude serious, everythings loose right now and they still sit at an angle, im going to take the top tree off soon and check for bends thanks for all the methods to check.

edit: guess i shouldve known when putting them on but yeah when i push it through the bottom tree and get right before the top, the fork isnt flush with the hole, and i have to push the top of the fork towards the back of the bike to fit, making the bottom stick forward. literally said to myself before i started fitting "if it needs to be forced or mangled in, it wasnt gonna fit in the first place" lol gotta eat my own words now

Edited by v-twinwalker
24 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

(y) You'll get used to the 'piss taking' on here ... it's a requirement! As for the yokes, I think you might find both top and bottom yokes may be bent/twisted on the left side! If that's the case, then it's a new pair required! 

well the bottom is a "new" one i just had the top leftover because i didnt know it was bent, ill still check the bottom, as for the jokes i need to develop a better sense of humor