GS1000 oil pump

1 hour ago, BigT said:

Why do you need a new pump?

I've never heard of one wearing out. 

With the 8V oil pressure being so low, it's like the bike with run with minimal flow

they can wind up looking pretty untidy if they've eaten something - i've got two GSX pumps that weren't worth putting back in a bike - one ate bits of case and piston skirt, the other ate bits of cam and rocker plating.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BigT said:

Why do you need a new pump?

I've never heard of one wearing out. 

With the 8V oil pressure being so low, it's like the bike with run with minimal flow

Because it's 40y.o. no clue how many kms it has done, and it looks quite used. I'm building a turbo on the bike so I want a good pump, better save than sorry.

I always thought that oil pumps hardly wear, but my Range Rover did had an oil pump what didn't work properly, but did seemed to be in reasonable condition that mostly made me think..

Edited by Reinhoud

and what reading are you getting? The gauge has to have a range 0-15, or thereabouts. 0-60 is too high and inaccurate

I checked and VDO makes a 0-15 lb gauge. My mate Renobruce used to sell complete kits here in the States

Edited by BigT
  • 2 weeks later...