Gsxr750 / gsxr1100 slingshot size difference??

BigLT

Hello. Numpty question....

Used to love my old 1990 1100 slingshot and I'm thinking of getting another, but maybe a 750.

Are they the same physical size? Only asking coz my creaky knees/back won't cope with anything much more cramped than my 1100 was.

Thanks

The main difference is the longer forks on the 1100's and the clip-ons mounted above the top yoke, which make it more comfortable than the racer crouch of the 750. The difference between Slingshot frames isn't like Slabbies, where the frame is a lot lighter. The smallest Slingshot frames are the 750K/J models (had the shorter, short stroke motor) - the 1100M/N models have a wider more comfortable seat. I find my 1100N quite comfortable, a comfortable slouched position ! Using after market clip-ons allows you to angle the bars the way you feel most comfortable. My bike earns it's living as a sports bike, but is equally happy cruising along back lanes.

To convert the 750 to clip-ons above top yoke needs the  higher top fairing , bracket/headlight and side fairings too - else the higher bars will hit the fairing. There are some clip-ons that mount under the top yoke, but give some lift, 50mm, if these fit okay that might be a solution. The 1100 is torquey and the 750 very revvy - I wouldn't mind an oil cooled 884cc GSXR though, would be worth the crouch and achy wrists