Bandit 750

I’m sure you’ve all seen and heard it all before. But I just want to ask a couple questions before I do this project. Mk1 600 looking at putting an 85’ slabby 750 in it. 

Got some 105 jets to go in my standard kei hin carbs. With stock air box and the bigger jets, will that be sufficient for the 750? 

And just any of your tips/info would be appreciated. Thanks

I'd look at using the 750 carbs, or even the 34mm cv carbs off the 1100 slabside as the b6 carbs may restrict the 750.

As Swiss Toni says look at just putting the 750 barrels, head and cams on the b6 bottom end

but there again I cannot remember if the slabside motor is the long stock or short motor to match the b6 ?

Just be the Jack D that's rotting my brain xD 

8 hours ago, wraith said:

I'd look at using the 750 carbs, or even the 34mm cv carbs off the 1100 slabside as the b6 carbs may restrict the 750.

As Swiss Toni says look at just putting the 750 barrels, head and cams on the b6 bottom end

but there again I cannot remember if the slabside motor is the long stock or short motor to match the b6 ?

Just be the Jack D that's rotting my brain xD 

Yea I’m probably going to just swap everything over. New rings are £80 a piston though... pretty sure it’s long stroke I need

Just now, KnockKnock said:

Okay to be honest I would probably just throw the whole lump in. Go on tell me the damage 

4 minutes ago, cheese monkey said:

I have no idea if it’s long or short but I expect someone will. It’s a 99 750 Inazuma

Being a 99 would it fit straight in?! Is that liquid cooled at that age?

One thing I would say (not trying to persuade you to have mine) is getting the engine, inlet rubbers and carbs ideally from the same bike will make your life a lot easier. When I did a 6/7 I went through 3 sets of inlet rubbers and 2 sets of carbs due to rubbish Eblag sellers or just getting the wrong ones. It was pretty frustrating.