750L gearbox shafted itself

Anyone have any ideas what broke ? 

I changed gear and something went snap .  It still runs but there's no power thru the gearbox.  It makes a whirring noise when in gear and changes into neutral easy . Accidently rolled it forward in gear and it sounded crunchy . 

Broke down ten min from home , the other side of the hill fml 

Read gearbox thread above. Sounds terminal. 

First point call sump off and clutch out see if can see anything, whilst still in bike. You know it's got to come apart but you still check basics and hope for devine intervention.

Basically engine out split cases can leave head and barrels on.

• Like 1

Captain I don't think it's the sprocket , surely that would've made a racket coming off , anyway I've packed it off in the recovery truck to my yard so can't check.  

Jonny ur gearbox thread is well above my pay grade .  I was briefly thinking it was the selector fork or something I can access engine in with the clutch out.  

But the simplest solution is engine swap .  I have a b6 and b12 , probably gonna put the 750 top end on the b6.   The b12 is bolted into somethinge else and unknown, the b6 I know is good and is loose in a corner.  

Seeing the wreckage will have to wait till I'm back on the road .  

Cheers guys