Difference in forks

Jelly

Well, got myself a nice and tidy 750 ET, but I also have an 1100 ET. I was wondering, what exactly is the difference between the front suspension on the 750 and the 1100? As the 1100 forks have a (rebound?) screw on the bottom and some adjuster thingy in the middle. Would it be interesting for the handling to change forks? And yes, I would like to stick to the original forks/wheels so a later model RWU or USD is for now, no option. 

I'm it sure that the adjusters ever made much difference on the old forks the 1100 forks might be a bit firmer but after all these years I wouldn't have thought that the springs and valves were a little tired so might be a bit of a waste if effort

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've actually have 3 braces now, and two forks (Telefix and Micron braces). one 750ET from which one of the lower bolts snapped inside the fork. The 1100 fork is actually in quite a good nick, except for the top air fill adjust thingy which didn't hold any pressure anymore. Never noticed that the 1100 fork has thicker legs, will measure that tonight.