GSXR750F rear airbox bracket

billd

I'm putting the original airbox back on my bike but am missing the rear bracket that goes from the airbox to the frame. If anyone has one their not usuing or can measure theirs up and supply a drawing of same I'll make one. Have attached a picture or two. It's the one missing on the left end to frame. Thanks gents!

airbox2.jpg

airbox1.jpg

I think youve got this wrong mate, there is no bracket. You have to line it up to the hole in the frame.

I'll stop by my workshop tomorrow evening and get a picture for you because right now my tank is off - mine is a standard frame and airbox F

Edited by wsn03

Secondly, your front brackets are wrong I think - here is a pic of mine, dome ends in mine are vertical - not 100% sure if this is right, I may have altered them after this pic though I think is right.  The bottom line is the airbox is way out if the brackets are the wrong way round. Note the sleeping bloke on the sofa, you must get one of these to move in with you while you are working on your bike. Also note where my airbox filter thread is, the end of it almost touches the frame - does yours? It needs to. Look at the angle of my brackets too - they are under a fair old bit of stress in the correct position

Airbox.jpg

Edited by wsn03

Finally - look at where you think there should be a bracket - this is bolted directly to the frame. Don't be confused by the battery bracket pushed to the side or the tool in the picture - this was me showing how to add a rivnut into the frame for someone (for one of the battery bracket threads).

I hope you get all this. Your airbox is wrongly lined up - try again, if you get stuck I will go and take some pics in my workshop.

Bracket.jpg

2 hours ago, Simbec1863 said:

Here’s my shillings worth and just to confuse matters O.o the domed end should fit to the frame although probably doesn’t make much difference.

Attached airbox drawing and photo for reference.

FD0A56CC-9B80-4435-912C-7CCD18EF53CC.png

That's probably right then...my error

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, billd said:

What's odd I tried turning mine around and they would not fit but they can be bentand I suspect it I tweaked them they would fit the other way round. I is a great place to have people willingly help each other out. I do appreciate all your comments.

This is a really good forum, not full of "experts" talking a lot of shit, the people on here really know their stuff.

Wish I hadn't assumed the same with the other bike forums I joined, strewth, some proper blockheads dishing out utter garbage 

Ive still got a niggle about those brackets!!! Going to try turning mine

Edited by wsn03

Curiosity killed the cat! I just had to dig mine out and look! I thought the Airbox mounts for the brackets were a 'squared off' housing that the brackets fitted 'into'. Not so! The brkts can be fitted either way! If you look closely at Si's 'fische', you'll see the rounded ends of the brackets go to the frame. 

image.jpg