Ohlins SU0031 will fit slabside 750?

Buzuki

42 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

I thin k you will find that slabbies' have an eye both ends???

Correct! But you can buy an eyelet to replace the clevis. I've had one off K-tech for that very purpose.

Of course that's no good if the length or stroke is way off. And if the spring and damping isnt right for the bike you're likely to spend more getting it to work thank you could source a different shock for...

1 hour ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

I thin k you will find that slabbies' have an eye both ends???

what the hole spacing of that little beauty:tu:D:tu:D

Well , right now my head is in engine so I have no full atention on the frame :D

Hole to hole centers spacings is around 314mm 

22 minutes ago, billd said:

Buzuki, what is the Ohlins off of?

From long time ago was striped from one Suzuki race bike altogether with exaust system and some other things , that 421 exaust system is on my gsxr750j bike now for decades , I believe that this rear shock is actualy good for J/K models same as exaust .

Just found something on NET , it`s Ohlins recommendation list catalogue from 2005 , where model SU003 its recomended for GSXR750  88-91 , but model SU527 is for GSXR750 85-87 , still confuse me model SU0031 which is not listed . http://www.stevecramerproducts.com.au/download/r&t2005.pdf

but SU805 is listed for TL1000 97-98 model , 

it`s one very confusing  list of numbers .

Edited by Buzuki
13 hours ago, Buzuki said:

Hole to hole centers spacings is around 314mm 

According to the shock length chart in the Vault a slabby 750 shock is 290.5mm long. I know people use an R1 shock that's a bit longer, but you won't get away with 25mm longer. But if you can take some length out by swapping to a shorter eyelet you might be onto something (aim for the length of the R1 shock as a maximum).

However you still need to check that the stroke is in the right ball park otherwise your wheel travel will be wrong. You can get a good idea of the stroke by measuring between the bottom of the damper body and the point where the bump rubber sits on the spring seat (ignore the rubber itself)

6 hours ago, crow said:

According to the shock length chart in the Vault a slabby 750 shock is 290.5mm long. I know people use an R1 shock that's a bit longer, but you won't get away with 25mm longer. But if you can take some length out by swapping to a shorter eyelet you might be onto something (aim for the length of the R1 shock as a maximum).

However you still need to check that the stroke is in the right ball park otherwise your wheel travel will be wrong. You can get a good idea of the stroke by measuring between the bottom of the damper body and the point where the bump rubber sits on the spring seat (ignore the rubber itself)

Many thanks for clarification ! , will check everything for sure .