Electrical gremlin ?

wraith

Right then a bit of a weird one (for me anyway xD)

Went out for a ride yesterday, started off as a gentle ride then a good thrash (all within the speed limits of course :)

When I stopped after the thrash and came to start the bike it was a bit sluggish, went for another thrash, stopped again for 10 mins, then started the bike, it was then like the battery was flat and only just started, headed home at a gentle pace and when I got home stopped the bike, restated it and it started with no problems first time ?

Checked it out today, charging at 14.4v no bad wire/connections from what I can see and started first time o.O

Any ideas why it may of seemed like it had a flat battery half way through a ride?

Did think I may of been the starter as the rest of the bikes electronic didn't like there was a flat battery.

Well I think I've found the course of the problem, the tick over cable that comes from 2-3 carbs and under the bowls and is then held in place with 2 wire things. The cable had came out of one of them and could/was touching the 10mm but on the starter cable.

so put carb cable back in its holder and found a cable cover for the starter, starts first time every time now and has done for the last 2 days :D