Fix or replace exhaust system? GSX 1100e

Bazeque

Need to get a set of stainless pipes made up for the GSX 1100E. Currently has the old harris 4 into 1 which i believe is solid steel; but would like to get either a stainless, or titanium set made up. Anyone have any recommendations and/or experience in doing this? Is it even worth getting the previous one rechromed/fixed? How would I go about that? I've been having a read around, but can't find anything specific regarding a similar exhaust... Happy to hear your thoughts/opinions if a possibility.

20180817_165424.jpg

20180817_165428.jpg

20180817_165429.jpg

20180817_165447.jpg

20180817_165450.jpg

Edited by Bazeque

To get that fixed and then re-chromed would cost more than buying another 'Harris' pipe from Hydes, and more than a stainless system. A great alternative is a pipe from Exhaust Craft in Cumbria. He'll do you one in stainless for a very good price. I use his downpipes and collector on my bike and the quality and fit are really good. A really cheap apternative is to clean the pipe up with oxalic acid solution to remove the rust and then to paint it, assuming it has no holes. Anything in titanium and you'll need deep pockets and there isn't that much point with a bike that's always going to weigh a ton anyway.

5 hours ago, Dezza said:

To get that fixed and then re-chromed would cost more than buying another 'Harris' pipe from Hydes, and more than a stainless system. A great alternative is a pipe from Exhaust Craft in Cumbria. He'll do you one in stainless for a very good price. I use his downpipes and collector on my bike and the quality and fit are really good. A really cheap apternative is to clean the pipe up with oxalic acid solution to remove the rust and then to paint it, assuming it has no holes. Anything in titanium and you'll need deep pockets and there isn't that much point with a bike that's always going to weigh a ton anyway.

Thanks for that. I've got into contact with him. Only issue is they don't have a gsx1100 Jig, so wouldn't be able to make the rear bracket that holds onto it. Bit far from me (Good 250+ Miles) so may just get it sent across and see if I can get somebody else to weld a bracket on. 

Don't really want to paint it as I want to retain the metalic look. Stainless steel definitely seems to be the way to go. Appreciated :)

• Like 1