classic tt 2015

jamie k

hi guys myself  and the mrs is thinking of trying to get there for a couple of days . has anyone ever been and was it upto much ?

can you tell anything thats worth knowing like best places to camp etc , none of us have ever been and are a little apprehensive so any information more than helpful 

most importantly is any members here going ?

thanks guys

martin  i have never been and dont know any one who has , what was it that increased by £200 ? im guessing you mean the accommodation ?

we were thinking of camping or even just borrowing a camper as the mrs is still on "L" plates for the bike and refuses to sit on the back of me haha

cheers lads , i would like to do a iom tt aswell but thought this would be a good way to go see what the island etc is all about , also would love to see the classics in action ,

i notice theres a lot of places advertise things like tickets for this that and the other , is it worth buying anything or can you basically pay at the gate/door when your there ?

cheers lads , i would like to do a iom tt aswell but thought this would be a good way to go see what the island etc is all about , also would love to see the classics in action ,

i notice theres a lot of places advertise things like tickets for this that and the other , is it worth buying anything or can you basically pay at the gate/door when your there ?

The TT or the manx/ classic TT is the greatest  free show on earth all's you have to do is get there. you don't have to pay to watch if you don't want to its 37.75 miles per lap if you can't find somewhere to watch for nothing then you must be blind . camping is very good at peel and plenty of room, you should go you won't regret it, if you do go then go to either the top of bray hill (st ninians) or the bottom and watch Michael Dunlop through on the big Suzuki it will make you go weak at the knees. I am just putting the final touches to my bikes that are entered in the classic TT  both GSXR 1100H's one blue/white the other skoal bandit.

285-IMG_9156.jpg

• Like 2

nice one lads , something iv always wanted to do - was actually sat looking for a week in spain got bored went to you tube and seen conner cumming gsxr 1100 vids ( worth a watch by the way )hence the sudden change haha ,  i think i have the mrs swayed towards it aswell  now so looks good to go hopefully see some of yous there , ps that pics just awsome something about older bikes , pulled all mine out the garage yesterday for a wash etc and sat looking at the crusty old scrapy gs500e workhorse that never fails to start and actully thought to myself       " that looks better than iv ever even gave it time for" 

I've done the TT for the last 6 years, and for me and the missus and 2 bikes in a van on the ferry plus camping and food and beer costs me well over £1000. I so want to do the classic TT but it's so close to the main TT so I can't afford to do both. One day I'll get to it. It does look just as good if not better than the TT.

Last year in June it was about £450 to get my van on the ferry, and that was just the ferry crossing.

Then in December I went to the canaries, got a week all inclusive for 2 of us, under £500 all in, it makes you think.

Every year I say it's the last TT and everytime once I get the buzz of being there I rebook again and go back.

You won't regret going to the classic , I did the TT for many years but stopped going about 4 years ago , I got a bit bored with the lack of variety in machines . Have been to the Classic for the last 3 years and love it , it's a lot more laid back than the TT , the roads are a bit quieter and don't seem to attract the bellends whose enthusiasm outweighs their ability .

It's great walking round the pits and seeing all the different machines , it's not everyday you get to see a YZR 500 and an XR69 in the same place , let alone racing against each other !

Unfortunately I can't get there this year , but I'm planning on taking my old enduro bike over next year so I can get from one viewing point to the next on the green lanes and back roads whilst the racing is on.

Guest YoshiJohnny

After years of going to the Isle of Man for the TT and Manx GP/Classic TT.... I prefer the August event. You don't get as many idiots on the road (though there are still some) you can get served in a pub without having to queue....you can walk in the paddock and see the bikes and people, you can watch some awesome racing at close quarters. Camping is available pretty much all over the place but there is a decent campsite at Hillberry I believe...with a really good viewpoint of the circuit which has seating, toilets and a kiosk serving tea and coffee etc...just get there you will love it and have a ball

Been coming for the past 4 years for both weeks  but only started marshalling last year and it is a good way to get close to the racing and to meet some really nice people aswell. Like others have said the atmosphere is laid back and less heroes trying to take you out over the mountain .

• Like 1