ron

ron

hi all i only joined OOS yesterday and have a couple of questions i need some advice with, so hope im in the right place.

After a very long absence from bikes im now retired and an oap, but have now treated myself with a 1980 GS 850 GT Trike (electronic ign)

1st ive had carbs of cleaned all jets thoroughly and blown 160 psi of air through them (not with diaphragms fitted). tuning the air screws no 4 carb air screw has no effect at all. with the srew out engine running should this draw air through the screw hole ? mine does not if it should, would it be wise to blow air pressure to try unblock it

2nd while carbs were off i found the rubber inlet boots were quite hardish one was split and another had a very slight leak allowing wd 40 to seep through, i have temporally  sealed them but obviously need a new set ive checked Google and Eblag etc and can only fined them in USA, im in Essex UK, is there any members who can point me in the best cheapest direction in or close to Essex to get a set, or will any from a later model fit my engine  

thanks for everyone patience reading this post and i apologise if ive put this in the wrong place  

thanks for any help with my questions