'85 750 Slabbie

Swiss Toni

Can anyone tell me how many mounting points there are for the top fairing? There's the two on the cross brace from the frame to the 'ears', and one under the headlight aperture,  (does this fasten to the curved bracket on the headlight frame? Directly, or with another bracket)? Is that all? It's difficult to try to picture it, when the parts are in 3 different locations! Mid panels. I'm assuming they bolt to the sides of the cyl. head? Lastly, the belly pan. Where, on the frame (or motor), do the bolts with the recessed holes locate? And, is this direct to frame, or via brackets?

Edited by Swiss Toni

See http://www.robinsonsfoundry.co.uk/shop/online-store/suzuki-parts-finder/gsx-r/gsx-r750/f-g-h-1985-1987.htm#!gsxr750fghfairing (scroll down to see the pic)

Top fairing is held in place by screws #10 x2 and #41. Rubber bushing #23 bolts to the head (to the bolts fitted in the holes through which you slide in the rocker arm axles). The lower fairing is held by screw #35, which is screwed into the side/bottom engine bracket, #5 on http://www.robinsonsfoundry.co.uk/shop/online-store/suzuki-parts-finder/gsx-r/gsx-r750/f-g-h-1985-1987.htm#!gsxr750fghframe

Edited by Nik
On 06/02/2018 at 1:18 AM, Swiss Toni said:

So ... what model are these from? And where do the lower pair go? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Those bottom 2, if they have an "R" and "L" stamped on them they will be the airbox to frame brackets...they look just like that. 

Need a picture? My tank is off atm

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Swiss Toni said:

Cheers lads! (y)  I didn't know those Airbox brackets existed! 

They only go on AFTER the carbs and all the manifolds are in place. Screw to airbox first, then slide onto frame - its a tight squeeze kind of thing. You'll actually think they wont go on...keep bolts / screws loose until everything is lined up. Once on the carbs and manifolds lines up perfectly.

Those inserts in the frame tend to go knacker, you can buy stainless replacements (they're called rivnuts).

Edited by wsn03
16 hours ago, wsn03 said:

Those bottom 2, if they have an "R" and "L" stamped on them they will be the airbox to frame brackets...they look just like that. 

They are indeed stamped L & R! They look almost identical, apart from the mounting holes. Left side are oval in the horizontal, right are in the vertical. 

• Like 1