Which carbs and settings for my 7/11?

Kurf

Posted this question earlier in “projects” which probably is the wrong place to receive replies... 

My 7/11 has BST36’s from the 750 engine. Pilot 40, Main 150, mixture 2,5 out and needle in middle clip. Needles seem to be dynojet and are new, just as emulsion tubes. 

Before I put the bike on a dyno for a test I am in doubt if I should continue with the 36’s...

Because :

I recently  bought a set of 40’s from a good running 1100 ( wich had original airfilter and exhausts)

Shall I stick with 36’s or use the 40’s ?

My bike has K&N pods and a 4-1 exhaust ( unknown brand stainless headers with Yoshimura muffler)

All advice is welcome in regards of settings for either 36 or 40mm

Thanx

I'd stick with the 36mm carbs and your settings sound a good starting place. You may find you may still get a stutter in the rev range with a 4-1 as Dyna say.

The 40mm carbs are good for pure top but sh#t at bottom, they are also a real bast#rd to set up I'm told.

If you want something that will give you more top end but still get a good bottom/mid look out for some gsxr750 38mm carbs.;)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Depends what you want to achieve from the motor, 36's will give you better bottom end, 40's will give you more top end power. Your base settings sound pretty good place to start. I beleive you will need the m/n carb rubbers for the 40's to fit....

Thanks ! Will first put it on the dyno with the 36’s then. 

1 hour ago, wraith said:

I'd stick with the 36mm carbs and your settings sound a good starting place. You may find you may still get a stutter in the rev range with a 4-1 as Dyna say.

The 40mm carbs are good for pure top but sh#t at bottom, they are also a real bast#rd to set up I'm told.

If you want something that will give you more top end but still get a good bottom/mid look out for some gsxr750 38mm carbs.;)

Thank you : makes my decision easier and also a good feeling that I’m on the right track. Cheers!