Rs36 or rs38 flatslides

Foz

What else have you done Foz ?   You could get better torque with decent flowing, adding bell mouths with foam filters, getting jetting spot-on with some dyno work. You might've done all of those , it's just the areas I've had some good results with in the past.  I've always found that cv carbs give the  nicest first half of power curve and then the f.slides  do their stuff. Haven't swapped between 36/38mm flatties to directly compare - just tried to make the most of what I've got normally.

FBOB has done loads of o.c. combinations - engines/ carbs -  hopefully he'll spot your post Foz.

38's on a tuned motor when i was messing about gave better mid range and top end power.

The 36's were a bit better at the bottom end but not massively. And nowhere near as good as a set of CV's.  Thats just the nature of not having a vaccume slide.

I would just stick with 38's and try some long inlet trumpets, that should improve mid range

• Like 1

The heads heavily worked with oversize valves ,HD springs and retainers ,11k cams, 1216,full akrapovic headers nd yoshimura can,  I've yet to dial the cams in, just fitted on bandit sprockets. I've got some slotted sprockets to fit which I hope will add to the midrange somewhat. The carbs are rs38's with 35mm bellmouths and foam filters 

never got to the bottom of who did the headwork

image.jpeg

• Like 1