91 gsxr 750 suspension

Just recieved my s1000rr rear shock today 8.5kg/mm  and have ordered some k-tech front springs 1kg/mm

racetech calculator says i need a 9.7 kg/mm shock spring and .99kg/mm fork springs, for my weight, i know the bmw shock is closer to what i need but would it be worth getting a 9.5kg/mm spring for it ?

The forks will be rebuilt with anything needed supplied by the local mechanic.

Has anyone a similar setup ? or care to chip in with some advice

I am using the same setup on my GSXR-750RR and GSXR-750J. The front forks are from a YZF R6 03/04 with K-Tech cartridges and spring rate 10 N/mm . Rear shocks are ohlins SU503 (GSXR1000 K5/K6) With spring rate 95 N/mm. Both are racebikes With gsxr 1100 engines and the setup is realy good.

13494988_10209608084100025_6959137170430117235_n.jpg

• Like 2

You must be a big lad if this is road bike. For reference I'm 92kg in all my kit.  9.5kg/mm fork springs were a little harsh on the road though worked great on the track at he sharp end of the fast group. this was on a '91 7/11 with stock road body work and lights.

That said I am going to try 10kg/mm fork springs on my race bike, as this get's ridden harder and I'm running out of travel and get tramping on corner entry. 

I run 9.5 rears with 30mm extra ride height, this works great.