Building an EFI setup

Well, I thought by myself I better start building a bike properly. So before turbocharging it, I want to replace the carbs on an 1100 (currently 1127) engine with throttlebodies from a K2 600. What would be the other requirements to get this running NA? I need an ECU system to power the TB's, maybe different ignition pickup etc? 

• Like 1

Can be simple or harder - your choice! Simple = Megasquirt for fuel + Dyna 2000 for trigger and sparks. Will need a TPS and a coolant temp sensor, fuel pump and regulator. Harder = Standalone ECU + trigger wheel + TPS, Coolant temp sensor, fuel pump and regulator. Talk to Arttu - he's done everything from cheap ghetto upwards!

I guess you have checked Brutefoce's build thread? That's pretty much what I would currently recommend as "sensible" setup for oil cooled engines. If you are planning for turbo on later phase then it's probably better to build the EFI system for it form the beginning as it doesn't increase cost much if at all. Unless you are aiming for some stupid high power (++400hp) with turbo.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions. On this topic or privately. I'm sorry but I prefer not to try write an universal guide for EFI installation here. Not because I would like to hide any information but because I'm too lazy :D To make it really universal it would be a full book and as shorter version it would be probably misleading for half of the readers that want something else than what I had thought.