slingy suspension linkages, shock springs etc

badger

howdy ho!
I've hurt my brain, searched a plenty and still stuck. 
Bought an ohlins shock from a zzr1100, guy had it fitted to a slingy 1100. Turned out the shock was pretty fucked so paid out for an extensive service and turns out its still way to soft. 
I have discovered that suspension stuff frazzles my noodle. The spring I have is 01091 -23/90. on a chart it doesn't seem to exist. 
Question being, do I use another suspension linkage or do I need a new, heavier spring? How would I work out what size linkage etc? 
Amy help would be mucho appreciated. Thanks!

You can fit a shorter spring, ohlins generally have loads of adjustment, demon tweeks used to do springs for £40 if you know what spring rate you want......Although you may be better off talking to a suspension tech. I would look at mine for you but as it has an 11" over swinger in it, won't be much help

• Like 1

100n/mm spring not 100lbs! My bad. On the chart it says it right. Did look at the racetech sight before.  It is an extended arm but it wasn't this bad on stock shock.

I'm 80kgs and the bikes about 190.

My next trick if figuring out how to take a spring off without killing my self!  

As ypu have an overlength arm, work out the legth as a percentage then increase the spring rate by the same percentage.......

Removing springs from an ohlins is a doddle, just keep unscewing the collar, you can remove the pre-load totally.... You will run out of spring before you run out of shock....

• Like 1
7 hours ago, suzook12 said:

As ypu have an overlength arm, work out the legth as a percentage then increase the spring rate by the same percentage.......

Removing springs from an ohlins is a doddle, just keep unscewing the collar, you can remove the pre-load totally.... You will run out of spring before you run out of shock....

If i'd used my brain I'd done that. I think im gonna shorten the wheel base a bit. Enough to keep the bike nicer in corners really but not to wheelie crazy. 
Do you have a remote preload adjuster? I can't find anything about how to rotate it. There's a pin to stop it moving. I dunno if I wind it to max, crack the thread on the 2nd collar and twist the whole thing? 

Cheers guys. There's no local bike places that do shock springs so might try my luck with a car place. No idea if they'll be able too. Dunno if I wanna risk a generic car spring compressor. Don't wan't to spend a mint on a posh one as im only gonna use it once