beauty of a 750L, might of broken it

richyrich

So what was my total pain in the ass nonstarter has now done a few hundred cold miles, making a lot of noise !   that acrapovich can on the gsf600 was loudish, on the 750L it is brutal.                  I am growing to love this thing again.  ive had to learn how to ride again after being very upright on the dr350 and using a h**** duuurvelle for work in town, it feels lithe and crisp and sexy in comparison.   Now the tarmacs been a bit warmer ive been trying to loose the chicken strips.

Anyway now it wont go into gear without stallng out so looks like she's eaten her clutch.  Obviously i only found this out on the road and not first thing  before leaviing the house. Fortunately this happened right outside hart council offices and copshop, so i felt very safe test riding it, as it got worse and worse going round the carpark trying to figure it out.  It was like a fuelling problem, i thought, popping and banging and surging, with all the schoolkids running about, before finally i realised i couldnt get it in gear any more. 

The coming pain is totaly worth it for the last few weeks of blissful speed, power and tinitus. Just hope its not been nicked overnight when i come back for it tommorow.

OEM clutch cable?  I have no problem with quality pattern parts but there's a few items which I think are worth buying OEM, as the pattern alternatives always seem to work out as a false economy IME.  Clutch cable is one of them, pattern ones always seem to stretch to the point of uselessness..

Yeh i was thinking about getting a cable repair kit to use the nipple from it and shorten the thing.  1 Need to have a go at getting the adjuetment done right first.  As far as i know its original so 26yo is fairenough.

It kinda was like the sidestand switch or neutral switch was breaking down like oilyspanner said. 2 Need to check the wiring.

The clutch never slipped or crept forward so its hard for me to believe, i could easily be wrong, that the internal parts are worn enough to crap out like that.  I'll take it apart this week, not for the whole year this time fingers crossed