Anyone have info on frame bracing a gs1000

20 hours ago, Markz9 said:

yes I had to send the triangular measurements to Maxton when they built the shocks I will send over some piccys and pm dims

as its a race bike to increase ground clearance the bike sits higher even with cutting down cases you will grind them

Any idea of how they worked out the triangulation as I dont want to mess up the steering etc. if I alter the shock mounts. 

1 hour ago, alexl said:

Okay, I will be running 17"  's  so i will sort the front end first as you suggest. Did you take account of the angle of the original swingarm and rake and trail calculations ? ( thats the bit that starts to get a bit fuzzy at the edges for me)

It looks low on 17 inch ... especially with a 4-1 exhaust. I used tl-s forks (735mm long from memory) and standard Ohlins SU143 shocks - and it handlles pretty damn well ... slow by modern standards but way quicker than 80's standards. Very stable on the track, and doesn't sit up mid corner on the brakes, can changes line, and surprisingly good. . You can get silly - in my mind I need I reckon 5-10mmm on the front and about 10-15 on the back. Not sure what  spot on  would be - and suspect that adjustable yokes would be needed, and it is quiet likely you could end up over whelming the frame ... but that depends how ahrd you ride etc etc and a million other factors... but that's just guessing! So just do and adjust later ;o) It's what everyone else does!

• Like 1
On 03/02/2017 at 8:50 AM, johnr said:

here you go, note reversed stock forks, (i cant afford lockhheeds so im using brembos) and funky seat! from the era when magnum tache's ruled the earth....

timthumb.jpg

They're not reversed stock forks, they're RG500 GP forks.Ditto the brake calipers & discs - RG500 pieces, not Lockheeds. They do look remarkably like the later EFE calipers though..

Edited by Gammaboy
  • Like 1