Efe clutch basket play

Sheep

I am currently getting deep down into my motor to change the cam chain,checking things as I go and as title says,I have some slight play side to side between the 'star' shaped centre boss and the alloy clutch basket.

Last year i fitted an APE uprated centre nut which helped with the rattle but I cant help thinking the basket needs attention.Are they beyond repair like this or is there anything i can do to 'tighten' it all up.

On a similar note,would you advise me to replace the rivets/springs for uprated items while its out?

Cheers guys.

I've got one here exactly the same and as far as i'm aware, there is knob all you can easily do about it - the alloy is cast around the steel so can't be removed. You could clock it up in a rotary table on a drill press and add some steel dowel pins across the joint - that'll stop the movement .......................................or you could ignore it and live with the rattle!

I did consider the dowel method.....

I'm aware the spring and rivet assembly on the outer drum have been known to go pop with devastating results but can the same be said about the cast alloy basket??.I can live with a little rattle,in fact the better I balanced my carbs,the quieter it became.

Cheers bud...its defo hub play.There is less movement however when the centre nut is torqued up.All the springs are intact in the backplate with almost zero play...i could probably feel no more than .5 mm play when trying to twist the drive gear on the basket,if that makes sense lol....

• Like 1