When i stripped my engine down after head gasket failed,  i was curious to see how much wear on components were like.

And i was shocked that most were still serviceable after years of abuse (by me). 

I purchased this engine with 21000 miles on it according to the breakers yard i got it from. Anyways, assuming this milage were right i clocked another 100,000 on top with oil and filter changes every 3000 miles. anyways, after stripping down i found it had 0.5 oversize pistons! still on inspecting the clutch release bearing, the only one with pitting. 

eos30d_124.jpg

• Like 1

same here. Bought a Powerscreen engine with approx 30.000km in 2000, has done over 150.000km now (in various bikes), with only oil and plug changes and valve adjustments. Still runs well, very little oil consumption, transmission and clutch still fine.

Use good quality oil and frequent changes, warm the engine up nicely before a thrash, and it goes on forever.

• Like 2

It's so amazing.  I know i am very naughty but i did set out to thrash this engine and abuse it but it just would not die.

The more i thrashed it the better it went!

Just absolutely gobmacked! I could not break her. 

Next pic.

Now bearing in mind (no pun intended) these needle rollers are two millimeters in dia. Quite good me thinks. 

Next pic is of the clutch bearing.

I am so impressed with the quality of modern day production engines. Well, i say modern 24 years ago modern!

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

• Like 1