GSXR 750 WP Carb settings ?

Anyone happen to know a good base setting to start with for 750 wp running seperate pod filters per chance?

Bike does seem to be running tad rich at the mo with dynojet kit / airbox with k&n / Full yoshi system but feels good on throttle eveywhere so only pressume set up for top end.

Am simply looking to run pod set up for ease of working etc and carb removal chassis clean up. 

Will have a look into current settings when carbs off but be nice to no if anyone else is running good settings with filters?.

Edited by Hawky

Hello Hawky, heard a rumour that they are very difficult to run/setup on pods. Best keep airbox and set the carbs up. 

But i stand corrected if anyone knows different. 

I tried once but just hit brickwall at 6000.

Didnt have any more jets to play with so stuck box back on.

Be cool if someones done it.

Thanks Madb.

Yes i did think there were a problem getting em set up right hence the ask;). dont tend to see many without the boxes.

Had the carbs off and got quite big mains in over stock (125's all 4) with what look to be like aftermarket 3 stepped/tapered needles (pressume dynojet?)

Will have a good full strip down and check settings tmrw eve

Dynojet only do a stage 1 kit for them. So maybe just a case of tweaking.  Maybe drop the needle one notch. Better to be tad rich then lean. 

Getting on dyno would sort it if ya can spare the dosh. Money well spent. 

Spending a bit of time balancing the carbs works wonders too .

They have a power jet that only work with the air box. Comes into play after 10,000 just to richen top end but normally blocked on uk bikes.  Worth checking to see if its been done

Check " Factory pro "site for more info. Bloody good read on that site. 

Got any pics of said needles jets?. We like pics (y)

Full yoshi very nice. Pics please! 

I did have a full yoshi set but downpipes rotted (mild steel) but still got yoshi can rs3. Bike love the end can but non motorbikers dont .:(

• 2 weeks later...

Allready sorted /re-fitted the carbs for base setting pre dyno runs so just cleaning up the yoshi this week.

Lucky for me it's a stainless system so just a quick rubdown to get rid the road grime and polish up.

Have a mild steel one on the 750L just got back from blasters with the usual collector box holes  Pfffffff!!!!.

Next on the wp list is to try and find a single seat pod/cowl... Wish me luck lol

image.jpg

• Like 1

Yoshi look yummy. 

Best of luck looking for seat cowl. Very rare and last one i saw on "that site" went for £160.00! But someone might have one on here. Place add in wanted section.

I just fitted brace arm on mine from 94/95 model. Made some dog bones same lengh as banana arm but their too long! Sits like a chopper at mo! Haha. 

Second ones need to be bit shorter.9_9

20161031_222440.jpg