Katana seat fitting

Danm54

In the process of converting an esd frame into a katana and I'm caught up on the seat, it wants to sit flat on the front part of the seat but that kicks the back up 40-50mm off the frame rails.

How do they fit as standard and has anyone got any pics?

Thanks

1475428984787.jpgDid a kat with a esd frame and yes front mount fits when you move it forward and yes the back of the seat sits up .

Noticed you cut  the back lock loop off .

I left mine on with esd seat lock but had to re drill hole in tail piece and take a section out of rear light to make it all fit if that makes sense.

Just found the afflicted bits 

Yea I did cut the loop off along with everything else that was in the way.

Thanks @skelly exactly what I feared. Can't see it that much in other Kat frame pics but I assumed it must kick up as thats the only way everything else lined up.

Looks like the grinder has got some more work yet, will do some measuring first though.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Danm54 said:

I did try it with the tail section on and it just covered the lower frame rails, I wouldn't want them sticking out the bottom.

It just seems a big gap to pack up.

On my Kat-project the rails of the 750ET frame just peeked out below the seat which I didn't like.. So I notched and "kicked up" the ends of these tubes and fabricated a new tail section on the frame as well as the old one didn't fit with the Katana seat at all..

skizzokat-subframe-10.jpg

Converted the ET seat latch to cable operation so didn't have an issue with its position not matching the key hole in  Katana tail..

Lots of space under the seat for packing tools and whatnot.. :)

Oh.. Modded the taillight as well.. A stock light might not have cleared the latch..

skizzokat-taillight-15.jpg

• Like 5

My initial thought was that I'd have to kick them up. They really need kicking up early though and the gusset from the shock mount will also need altering which I'd like to avoid.

Didn't get time last night but I'll see about kicking up the rear which would just leave me needing to pack up the middle.

Think there's a few options.

After a closer look its only about 20mm too low, not sure how I got it to sit higher...

I think the tail section will sit low enough to cover the frame rails, I'll have to get it set up properly and held in position then see how it looks.

Busy week though so going to be short on time.