77 gs750 rear swap

Jay t

Hi new here but straight to it

i am looking to change my 77 gs750 swingarm and wheel that won't foul the frame if a dished sprocket is needed ,I have an idea for the front so no problems there

i have looked around and found  info on this for monoshocking but little for twin shock

would a 600, 1200 bandit,600 srad or similar arm and wheel fit (with shock mounts welded by me) as they are more readily available 

many thanks j

Edited by Jay t

If you dont want to monoshock the rear end and stay with twin shock then another option could be to use an aluminium GSX1100ET swinger and put a GSXR1100J or K back wheel in. Swinger will probably go in with little issue, wheel will need some spacers etc sorting but will give you a relatively easy 'upgrade'.O.o

• 5 months later...
On 9/26/2016 at 10:48 AM, Jay t said:

Hi new here but straight to it

i am looking to change my 77 gs750 swingarm and wheel that won't foul the frame if a dished sprocket is needed ,I have an idea for the front so no problems there

i have looked around and found  info on this for monoshocking but little for twin shock

would a 600, 1200 bandit,600 srad or similar arm and wheel fit (with shock mounts welded by me) as they are more readily available 

many thanks j

Bandit arms are a bit narrower at the frame pivot than the GSXR arms, best bet would be a B12 arm with top hat spacers. I think all the GS frames are about 227mm at the pivot point.