Slabbie frames, 750 v 1100

dupersunc

Just acquired what I believe is am 1100j frame in with a load of other bits. Just sizing it up against a 750g and 750 k frame I also have.

Looks like the head stock is 15-20mm closer to the swing arm pivot, i.e. shorter wheel base.  Is this just the case with the 1100j frames or the 1100G/h frames also?

Swing arm is also the same length as a 750g but has the 1100 bracing. I thought 1100 arms were longer?

It gives me some interesting options for my slabbie race bike.

• Like 1

What features are you looking for in particular?  The 1100 arm  looks like all the others I've seen, all the welds are factory.  The 1100 frame is has the headstock 15-20mm closer to the swing arm pivot in a horizontal plain when you line the swing arm pivot and lower engine mounts up.  The forward tank mounting bolts are closer to the head stock also.

I've built the 750 frame up into a roller now so it's awkward getting side by side shots.

How long is the 1100 arm that you have? 
11g/h and j frames are all the same,that is why I asked for a pic of the 11j frame,so I can check it against the 11g frame. Also I have a stock 1100 arm here,so I can also check that.Afaik the 750g/h   O.o 11g/h/j arms are roughly the same length as the 750g/h arms and it was only the 750f arm that was shorter(shocks are different lengths,290mm 750 and 310mm 1100's).  :)

Edited by Del
  • Like 1