shells for corrillo rods

anyone built a motor recently using corrillo rod , just wondering how you spec the correct size bearing shells . With stock crank and rods take numbers off crank and rods check table select right colour . Fit together and check with plasti gauge simple . How do you select the correct ones for these rods ? Or is it a case of buy a couple of shells of the bigger clearance then once measured can work out the correct ones ?

thanks colin

A friend put mine on a CMM at his work so they came back with an exact id and roundness reading.

Match that with the specs for the bearings and you'll have the number for the rod.

Worth measuring the crank as well to make sure thats still in tolerance.

You need to find a local friendly engineering company.

2 hours ago, t3rse said:

I don't have specific advice for you, but in autos, we used this stuff called plastiguage:  http://www.plastigaugeusa.com/

You put it in there in place of the bearing and torque it to spec, then take it apart and the squished piece tells you your tolerance.

yes used the plasti gauge when I built the last turbo lump . Think the only way I'm going to do it is get a pair of shells and use these as dummy ones then plasti gauge each rod/big end in turn and then work out from there