repaired crank cases

Hope you dont mind me asking, but where is the guy who did the repairs based? I have a set of katana cases with the front mounts broken off. :(

He's in Macclesfield, he's a bit slow but a good job and cheep, the man who took them over to him and did the alli blanks and then the turning out is in Whaly Brige just over the hill.

• 2 months later...

Thanks Wraith, got your PM, cheers

Hope you got hold of him, as I know he has got a full time job and has been hard to get hold of.

I have started to build the motor new oil seals on the bottom end, a welded and balanced crank done by Debens, APE H/D crank case studs and new OEM cam chain.

bottom%20end%201015%204_zpsy1wzx9bk.jpg

bottom%20end%201015%201_zps56e0ajpm.jpg

I've also got some APE H/D cyclinder studs to go on as well as other bits when I come to put the top end on.

Edited by wraith
put old insted of oil

Put the APE cylinder studs in and have got APE stud nuts. The GS750 starter clutch and cover fits the 1000 motor. Have put new springs and rollers in the starter clutch, the weight difference between the 750 and 1000 starter clutch is quite a bit: the 750 one is a lot lighter (1000 is 3.1kg and the 750 2.55kg according to the kitchen scales) and uses the same spring and rollers as the 1000. Hefty...