Spondon frame numbers

Can any Spondon alloy frame owners please tell me where the frame number is stamped and the format of the numbers? A pic would be great. I have just been looking at a Spondon framed GSXR1100 1052cc machine that needs much work to resurrect it but can't find the frame number anywhere. It is right at the back of a storage shed covered in cack and dust so if I go back with a torch and have an idea as to where the number is it will be useful. Thanks in advance, Dezza

I should be seeing it again soon but it's not been confirmed the owner (who has now said he is interested in selling the bike) if he has the tank. The bike is in the back store of a bike shop I took my Harris to earlier this week for it's MOT. The owner says to me: 'Are you interested in a Spondon GSXR1100?' Errr, 'yes, where is it and how much?' It's been there for 7 or 8 years and the shop want it gone. However, if the tank can't be found a replacement is going to cost big bucks. The frame is a beam job, very similar (identical even) to the one for the Mission Improbable bike built in 1988 by Steve Burns.

• Like 1