11K carb options

dougw

I`m currently running 40mm carbs off a later 11M on the 11K, but am looking to get more midrange.

Fading memories suggest my first 7/11(sadly stolen) with 38mm 750L slingshot carbs was more lively in the midrange than the K with 40mm`s.

Not managed to get a set of 38mm`s of a 750L , but there is a set of 750 WP carbs possibly up for grabs, is the spacing the same as the 750L carbs ?

If not can the 750WP carbs have the spacing altered to suit the 11K ?

(Or does anyone have a set of 750L carbs for reasonable money :) )

You can make the watercooler 38's fit by changing around the inlet rubbers.IIrc you put 1 and 4 inlet rubber in the middle ,then 2 and 3 rubber where 1 & 4 would have been. The bst38's also fit the bst40 inlet rubbers,as they both have the same o/d,it is just the i/d that is different(same with the bst33 and bst36).

Ady is running watercooler bst38'ss cv's on his drag 750es(was my old yellow one) with an 1100m(iirc) motor,but he uised 36mm rubbers(bored out to fit the 38's).He swapped the rubbers around to make them fit. .He is getting good results from them(mid 9's ).DSC_0387_zpsgyr78ti5.jpg

• Like 2

Just my findings. The different rubbers for the 40mm carbs require the inlets to be matched to rubbers - else you get a step that disturbs flow - you probably did this, but a mate didn't and it definitely affected how the carbs worked.  I love the carbs on my N, took longer to set up after letting the motor 'breathe' though(comp. with 36s). The ports were altered a little on the M/N too, as well as the inlets matching the rubbers. The 40s work well with big bore/ flowing and remain very civilised. 38s work well, but I don't have experience with them.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Del said:

You can make the watercooler 38's fit by changing around the inlet rubbers.IIrc you put 1 and 4 inlet rubber in the middle ,then 2 and 3 rubber where 1 & 4 would have been.

I think Oilyspanner  remark answers this but if you swap around the rubbers do the ID of the intakes still match up Del? No lips?

Edited by nightrider