Is it expensive?

Hello guys. Can someone give me some advise please, I have just been offered a cos worth t34 turbo fully rebuilt with carbon seal for £500, does this sound about Wright money. I've looked on net and there seems a lot of range in pricing. It is someone I know so I know it will be ok. It's for a draw through system on a Gsx1325. 

Edited by kingkong1300

No such animal as a T34 - that was a Russian WW2 Tank! - Its probably a T3 / T4 hybrid. It'll be big, it'll probably be 'laggy' and why the carbon seal as the Cosworth installation wouldn't have needed it? £500 sounds a bit spendy to me for something that may not suit a bike.

• Like 1

On the other hand you probably will have hard time finding rebuilt or new carbon sealed turbo for less money. But yes, definitely a good idea to investigate a bit further if the sizing is suitable for your application. No point to pay for something that doesn't do what you want.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Arttu said:

On the other hand you probably will have hard time finding rebuilt or new carbon sealed turbo for less money. But yes, definitely a good idea to investigate a bit further if the sizing is suitable for your application. No point to pay for something that doesn't do what you 

7 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

No such animal as a T34 - that was a Russian WW2 Tank! - Its probably a T3 / T4 hybrid. It'll be big, it'll probably be 'laggy' and why the carbon seal as the Cosworth installation wouldn't have needed it? £500 sounds a bit spendy to me for something that may not suit a bike.

Apparently there is a t34 and a t35 its a cosworth thing.yes gixer1460 It is a hybrid, it's a t3 with a t4 compressor housing. I do have the option of running it as a t3 with 48/48 instead of the t34 48/63 but still with the carbon seal that might be a better option. ??

Well, if it's going to be a draw through then you need carbon sealing. Can't say from top of my head if T3/T4 will be too big for your engine. But as general note, if it's a drag bike you can probably use relative large turbo without too much problems.

• 1 month later...