GSF1200 carbs fuel in airbox

buggery bollocks, i have overhauled the fuel tap on my gsf1200, and replaced the o-rings float valves with a kit, (all 4), set the float heights,
bike runs, but struggles occasionally, anyway opened the airbox drain and about a rattle can lid full of fuel, (might be less) pished out,

anyone any ideas of what i may have missed or forgotten,

Thanks

took the tank off this morning, and the fuel tap is letting fuel flow in the run/on position, so need to revisit that.

Airbox was dry this morning, so no fuel into it with bike off, overnight (tank full, always bloody is when you need to remove it... :)  )

would this cause fuel in the airbox? if the float valves and float heights were working correctly? 

don't want to strip carbs down if the tap is the fault, could it be something else?

will rig up auxilary tank tonight and run bike, then check airbox

removed carbs this evening, drained fuel tank,

fitted an auxilary tank (carb balancing) to carbs,(suspended higher than workbench) level stayed constant in aux tank, carbs propped upright, no dribbles or leaks out of anywhere, so float valves, and float heights ok?

will tackle fuel tap, as i know it to be faulty.

3 hours ago, Oilyspanner said:

Check your oil level too, you could have petrol in it, from when the tap and float needles weren't working properly.

already got new oil and filter to replace, oil level is halfway up the window, but for £40, better safe

Thanks Oily

Edited by GSX750Inazuma
add text