Choppy Ride

fergmc

Hi there, fitted a new shock to my gsx 750 f (03) a while back now, but the ride feels very bouncy or choppy - see saw like over bumps.

Still not great either two up.  Im looking for a place to start to try and fix because it has to handle better that it is at the moment.

any help good.

Ta

ferg

32 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

What sag have you set it to??

and what the damping set to??

and how fat are you??:tu

I dont really have any figures as such, I have just tried to get the front and back returning at  roughly the same rate.  That said if I put any more than one click more than the softest setting of the front forks the riding gets even worse.  As for how fat ahem........ the wife would prob argue that but I am 13st @ 5'7 (does that make me fat? )

1 hour ago, fergmc said:

I dont really have any figures as such, I have just tried to get the front and back returning at  roughly the same rate.  That said if I put any more than one click more than the softest setting of the front forks the riding gets even worse.  As for how fat ahem........ the wife would prob argue that but I am 13st @ 5'7 (does that make me fat? )

Well I'm 5'6" and under 10st so I guess it does xD

Thanks for your comments.  When the shock was put in everything rear end was either greased or replaced so Im quite happy all is good there.  Front end - as the seals are still ok Ive never really checked the forks but I do know that all the necessary bearings are ok.  Tyres are ok pressure wise, they have about 1000 miles on them and they are BT45's.   So maybe a look at the forks and to try the sag settings.