Finally i think its fixed

Hi guys and girls i have managed to finally get the bandit running ive ditched the k & n and fitted a standard filter i re stripped the carbs and went through everything again re set the floats it is running and revving now i think i got to balance the carbs cos its popping out of the exhaust but im shitting myself because its been standing for 3 years and i didnt change the oil totally forgot to do it and the engine sounds a bit noisy and it has a whistle noise coming from the ignition pick-up cover area and the engine in general sounds a bit rumbly rattley do you think ive damaged it by not changing the oil ive only had it running in my garage not ridden it. its only done 10k miles or is it just the nature of the engine.anyway thanks to everyone who had an input in my last posts 

Don't panic chap! Just sort the carbs, balance and it will settle down am sure!  It's got oil in it that's a start, once it's running smoother change the oil. As for noise from ignition cover, coincidentally I'd say. 

Started many old engines with the oil in they came with , usually a change after you have run it is best really as it will flush out any settled cack. :tu