Blow-through carbs and ignition retard; the preferred method?

Samikoo

So, what method are you using (if any) to retard the ignition under boost? Dyna 2000 and a pressure switch? Less static advance and live with it? Something else? Nothing?

I´d also like to know what kind of boost numbers you are running with your setup. My plan is to run 0.5bar of boost.

And please, no EFI/ECU jokes here. I know it´s the easier way...

I'm using fully programmable ECU :P

Joking aside, for 0.5 bar and tight budget I would say that nothing is probably just fine. Or reduce static advance by a couple of degrees. Or drop compression a bit.

But if you want a bit more sophisticated solution the Ignitech products might be worth of checking. For example SPARKER TCIP4 seems to support MAP sensor and mapping ignition based on load and RPM. http://ignitech.cz/en/vyrobky/tcip/tcip.htm

And it is quite much cheaper than Dyna 2000.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Arttu said:

I'm using fully programmable ECU :P

Joking aside, for 0.5 bar and tight budget I would say that nothing is probably just fine. Or reduce static advance by a couple of degrees. Or drop compression a bit.

But if you want a bit more sophisticated solution the Ignitech products might be worth of checking. For example SPARKER TCIP4 seems to support MAP sensor and mapping ignition based on load and RPM. http://ignitech.cz/en/vyrobky/tcip/tcip.htm

And it is quite much cheaper than Dyna 2000.

Agreed - there are a few 'no dizzy' solutions now that the old skool car guys are starting to use modern engines but with carbs. Dyna stuff served a purpose years back now newer and cheaper and cleverer stuff is available.