I've done it the other way round, put w/c arms in slingshot frames. Don't forget the w/c stuff has a bigger diameter pivot bolt than oil cooled. This may be a problem, but you might get away with some sleeves/top hat spacers on the w/c frame so the oil cooled pivot bolt can be used with its respective arm. ;)

2 hours ago, Jaydee said:

I've done it the other way round, put w/c arms in slingshot frames. Don't forget the w/c stuff has a bigger diameter pivot bolt than oil cooled. This may be a problem, but you might get away with some sleeves/top hat spacers on the w/c frame so the oil cooled pivot bolt can be used with its respective arm. ;)

are the pivot widths the same? and did you have to mod anything to get it to work? apart from the pivot that is

It's a good while back since I last did one. I put one of the later 1100w braced arms (after banana arms) in an 1127K. From memory the arms pivot widths were the same, just the W's arms use a fatter pivot bolt. It was just a case of glueing the 1127K bushing/sleeve in to the water cooled sleeve so I could use the slimmer slingshot pivot bolts. I used the W dogbones (slimmer than 1127 so clears shock and inside of brace ) and used the slingshot knuckle with them. 

Don't forget though, you're working the other way around so have to sleeve the two sides of the frame as w bolt wont fit through an oil cooled arm. ;)

Special K.jpg

Edited by Jaydee
15 minutes ago, Gammaboy said:

Wp bolt is the same size as oil cooled, Wn is bigger 

Learn something new everyday.:) I did try a banana arm in my K (fitted the slingy frame no problem) before the braced arm but didn't like the look but it was that long ago I couldn't remember the pivot bolt size so assumed it was the same as the later braced arm I used. 

4 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Learn something new everyday.:) I did try a banana arm in my K (fitted the slingy frame no problem) before the braced arm but didn't like the look but it was that long ago I couldn't remember the pivot bolt size so assumed it was the same as the later braced arm I used. 

Ahh fuck, wrote that the wrong way round, WN AND WP is the same size as oil cooled (20mm I think), WR (the braced one) is bigger, 24mm I seem to recall. Was chasing my 2 1/2 y/o around a playground while trying to write that earlier post.

Oh, and SRAD/Busa/K series GSXR will bolt in with linkage swaps (and the bushing as per a WR swinger swap) , all are longer than W series 750 swingers from memory, K6 onwards are longer than W1100 I think, K8 onwards are really fucking long.

(I researched the shit out of swingarm swaps for my aborted WP project)

Edited by Gammaboy
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Gammaboy said:

Ahh fuck, wrote that the wrong way round, WN AND WP is the same size as oil cooled (20mm I think), WR (the braced one) is bigger, 24mm I seem to recall. Was chasing my 2 1/2 y/o around a playground while trying to write that earlier post.

I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. When it comes to water cooled model, I'm happy enough to just know the early ones are bananas and the later ones are braced. It's not like an important subject such as oil cooled.:D

• Like 2

all good info lads. Currently have a busa arm in the bike so that makes sense with above. Looking for a nicer arm like spondon, jmc etc. So SRAD, Busa or k series only will go in but with a linkage swap, but L/M/N or WR will not - have I got that right?

Its for this

gdxr turbo 012 resize.jpg

Edited by spondonturbo
photo add