82 gs1100l transmission seal?

Hey everyone. I'm new here and just bought an 82 gs1100l.  Bike runs pretty good,but a good carb cleaning will certainly help. Anyways,I have an oil leak ,appears to be coming from the engine side of the dust boot on the drive shaft housing. I think it a transmission seal. I have the part number but cannot find it. It also says this part is unavailable. Does anyone know where to get it? Or a number that's precedes it? Thanks for your insight.

One of the great things about old Suzuki motorcycles is that many of the bearings and seals are standardized metric sizes.  Try to find a four digit number on the seal.  Match that number up on a bearing supplier's website.  I've had good experience with:  Bearings Direct Your High Quality Online Wholesale Bearing Store

I see you're in Maryland; I'm in Virginia so only a few hours away.  Notice what I said in response to your other post.  Introduce yourself (your interest in Suzuki motorcycles and what brought you to this forum).

If you hold the seal in your hand, there will be the size noted on the outside of the seal. Three numbers: inside diameter, outside diameter and thickness

Any bearing house can get you that seal, it's a standard size

1 hour ago, bitzz said:

If you hold the seal in your hand, there will be the size noted on the outside of the seal. Three numbers: inside diameter, outside diameter and thickness

Any bearing house can get you that seal, it's a standard size

But . . . . . if the shaft is worn, the new seal may also leak! :(