Gsxr750m Choke?.

Afternoon,I recently purchased a Gsxr 750m I'm just wondering if this is right when I put the bike on full choke it seems to rev to around 3000rpm, I'm just wondering is this correct and not to high. Recently I have only been using half choke as I'm not too sure about full choke. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

17 minutes ago, Gsxr750oilboiler said:

Afternoon,I recently purchased a Gsxr 750m I'm just wondering if this is right when I put the bike on full choke it seems to rev to around 3000rpm, I'm just wondering is this correct and not to high. Recently I have only been using half choke as I'm not too sure about full choke. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

sounds about right, I tend to use full choke for starting and then immediately push it back to about half way. you can control the rev's with the choke but no one want to here their cold engine revving its tits off !!!!!!  

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Gsxr750oilboiler said:

Sounds pretty normal to me. I've had a lot of 750 and 11's that would start warming up on choke till the revs suddenly shoot up to around 3-3.5 thousand revs and hang there till choke was shut off.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TonyGee said:

sounds about right, I tend to use full choke for starting and then immediately push it back to about half way. you can control the rev's with the choke but no one want to here their cold engine revving its tits off !!!!!!  

Hi there thanks for your reply it's very much appreciated, I little bit of mechanical sympathy will go a long way. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TonyGee said:

Also how long after steady riding are they up to full operating temperature.  I'm just a bit Ocd with engines in general. Do they take a lot of warming up from cold. 

13 minutes ago, Gsxr750oilboiler said:

Also how long after steady riding are they up to full operating temperature.  I'm just a bit Ocd with engines in general. Do they take a lot of warming up from cold. 

hard to say really, not all engines are exactly the same and also the air temp,  i give it 3 or 4 miles before i open it up, should be enough. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TonyGee said:

hard to say really, not all engines are exactly the same and also the air temp,  i give it 3 or 4 miles before i open it up, should be enough. 

Geography can influence your style of engine warm up. I tend to let the bike idle for around 5 minutes. First 2 minutes, revs as low as possible, then the rest bringing up the revs gradually till things feel loose. 

Back to geography, out my gate and 0.6 mile straight as a dye road up to a T junction with all guns blazing!  :D