Gsxr 750m ?.

Hi there, new member here,I have recently purchased a Gsxr 750m 1992 model, I'm just wondering if anyone could possibly offer me any information on how the best way is to warm the engine up, I.e from a cold start, also how long can they sit idling for say in traffic etc. Can they get too hot. And lastly I'm thinking about getting a valve clearance inspection the bike has covered 42,000 miles. What's your take on a valve clearance check. . Best regards. 

no one really warms a bike/car up these days, what i do is wheel the bike out, full choke to start and when fired up i knock the choke half way back, then throw my lid and gloves on,  then get on the bike and knock the choke nearly all the way off, into gear and set off, when on the road choke all the way off. but don't hit the rev limiter till up to full working temp 9_9 

when where the valve last checked ?  if you don't know then worth doing them. 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

no one really warms a bike/car up these days, what i do is wheel the bike out, full choke to start and when fired up i knock the choke half way back, then throw my lid and gloves on,  then get on the bike and knock the choke nearly all the way off, into gear and set off, when on the road choke all the way off. but don't hit the rev limiter till up to full working temp 9_9 

when where the valve last checked ?  if you don't know then worth doing them. 

What Tony said , All choke no throttle , once it runs with no choke good to go . 

M was a 91 bike, N was 92 and water cooled everywhere except the states. I've got an N, full choke to start it when it's cold out, throw on my helmet and gloves and kill the choke unless it still won't idle without it, then sit on the bike a couple more minutes. Always ride with the choke off, and take it easy on the RPM until it warms up a bit on the road.

Now lets see a picture of your bike!