7/11 shim cam swap

So for ages now I've had an idea stuck in the back of my head, never a good sign...since 750/1100 LMN aftermarket cams don't exist, has anyone ever swapped 750M cams into an 1100M? I could check my 750 factory manual for the cam specs, but that would be too easy. I've got a 750 that needs a major tuneup that I could "borrow" the cams from and an 1100 that I'm rebuilding that I could put them in. The 1100 is currently running RS38s and a full Akra system, but is otherwise stock. Interested in more top end, the RS38s already make it boring to ride around town legally. Worth a shot or save my time and just get a 1216 kit for it? No turbos on this bike!!!

On 5/5/2024 at 4:58 PM, Upshotknothole said:

Interested in more top end, the RS38s already make it boring to ride around town legally. 

If that's the case why do you want more 'top end' - just where you can't use it? Bar Room HP is great - but Stoplight to Stoplight accel bottom end is FAR more useful! A 1216 kit will benefit all through the range.

4 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

If that's the case why do you want more 'top end' - just where you can't use it? Bar Room HP is great - but Stoplight to Stoplight accel bottom end is FAR more useful! A 1216 kit will benefit all through the range.

Because we have some nice mountain ranges pretty close to me and it's more fun to ride the bike wide open out there than it is in town. Yeah, I just need to do a 1216 with it.