Gsx1100ex dyna s timing

Getting my old dinosaur 81 gsx1100 back together. 

It's got a dyna s fitted & I wanted to static check it's timing. There is only one set of timing marks on the advancer. 2&3 don't have a mark.

Is there a trick I need to know? Or do I have to fit a timing wheel to set it 180 degree fron the 1&4 marks?

Oh and the mk1 1200 bandit carbs I bought for it are pretty much beyond repair! I can't see the classifieds yet - so anyone got something for sale?

Ta muchness.

17 hours ago, smirk said:

Getting my old dinosaur 81 gsx1100 back together. 

It's got a dyna s fitted & I wanted to static check it's timing. There is only one set of timing marks on the advancer. 2&3 don't have a mark.

Is there a trick I need to know? Or do I have to fit a timing wheel to set it 180 degree fron the 1&4 marks?

Oh and the mk1 1200 bandit carbs I bought for it are pretty much beyond repair! I can't see the classifieds yet - so anyone got something for sale?

Ta muchness.

If there's no mark on the advancer then degree wheel is the way ...there not normally a zillion miles out though 

or try and find an advancer with both marks when you hit 50 posts or on the bay of thieves 

• Like 1

Though the wheel was the only way.. then mark Rotor at 180 from the proper marks. I don't have one- but a bit of Google  shows free printable ones for a standard cd. Think I'm doing that at work 2moro 

• 2 weeks later...