Bandit front end swap bearings (?)

Hey everyone, this is pretty much my first time making a modification on my bike so I've a bit of a stupid question that I hope someone could clarify for me. 

I've a 98' Bandit 1200 and I would like to swap the whole front end for a K4-K5 GSXR 600/750 or a ZX9R. I've read a few forums and seen videos on stem swaps, just wondering which bearings I'd get for it to fit. Say I went for the GSXR front end, will I go for their bearings, or will I stick to the Bandit ones ? 

Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated !

be carefull, gsxr k series are mostly too short and you will bash the oil cooler with the front mudguard, Have you bought a front end yet?? :tu

Do some measuring first, and how much do you weigh?????????????????

keep bandit bearing sizes, and if using later yokes, a top hat spacer needs to be made to take up stem sizes difference..

lost of stuff cam be made to fit bandits, ive done lopts of differant ones over the years, this is the latest one, R1 front end complete with excellent brakes.:tu

these were easy peasy..:tu

4wUvZHD.jpg

and these  took a LOT of work, O.o

late modle gsxr 10000 with brembos.B|

CKOPhOa.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

be carefull, gsxr k series are mostly too short and you will bash the oil cooler with the front mudguard, Have you bought a front end yet?? :tu

Do some measuring first, and how much do you weigh?????????????????

keep bandit bearing sizes, and if using later yokes, a top hat spacer needs to be made to take up stem sizes difference..

lost of stuff cam be made to fit bandits, ive done lopts of differant ones over the years, this is the latest one, R1 front end complete with excellent brakes.:tu

these were easy peasy..:tu

4wUvZHD.jpg

and these  took a LOT of work, O.o

late modle gsxr 10000 with brembos.B|

CKOPhOa.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on the K series forks and appreciate the photos ! 

I'm quite small and weigh 56kg / 124lbs.

Haven't bought the front end yet actually, just some available bikes that had USD forks at a nearby breaker shop, so I'm open to suggestions that could make this first modification easy on me. 

If you don't mind me asking, how'd you find installing that R1 front end ? Really digging the look of it.