CRMC eligibility

Are there any of the winged hammers that race in the CRMC? I was thinking of taking my Slabby to a couple of the meetings but can't fathom the regs. I blew my 1197 motor in South Africa this year so have a couple of options. I can chuck back in my 750M motor or build a new 1197 motor. Not being a milionaire, i am probably going to go for the 750 route. How strict are the rules. I'm not aiming to cheat but have done mods to my bike that might not be eligible. Any help would be appreciated.

Probably best to contact the eligibility officer for the class you want to race in, I know your required to complete a eligibility form (around £55 for non members) and as I understand it, no eligibility certificate no racing they don't like post cut off date mods like late model brakes & forks.

There’s Earlystocks as well problem with both clubs is they don’t like non period mods or post cut off date changes, can’t remember which but they don’t allow tyre warmers or wets so you end up with 17” Road based tyres or original 18” slabby wheels running conti classic race tyres which are pretty good.

I’m building a slabby race bike and with the mods I’m planning already make it hard to find a club to race with FPR have a classic super bike class but you’ll be running a slabby 771 against ZXR and YZF big bore engines, as already stated best bet is to contact CRMC to find out more, when I tried they didn’t like the fact that my VM29 were bored to 33mm or I was running RWU 2000 era GSXR forks,you could not tell them but if you start winning folk will soon start whinging:)

Edited by Simbec1863