VM 26 Pilot air screw settings

dedubyah

I currently have my carbs off to put a replacement jet kit in it as my 78 GS1000 has been sitting a long time and some of the jets don't look too good however the Pilot air screws, the ones sitting inside the float bowl, were screwed in at different depths on all 4. Can someone please tell me the correct setting for these? Thanks

Dedubyah

1 hour ago, FJD said:

Then your jet kit is a waste of time and money, just rebuild with oem mikuni parts

You are assuming it is a DJ or JetPro etc 'performance' kit . . . . . . . . . it could just be a set of oem replacements !

And, although not optimal, a stg 1 (DJ for example) would work ok if OEM replacements were not available or un-economic.

I've never bothered with fine tuning with Colourtune or the like on VMs apart from careful balancing.

If the carbs are spotless and rebuilt to factory spec, set the screws to the correct setting and forget about them.

On BS Mikunis, I've sometimes opened the mixture screw a tad as they can be lean as standard, but I've always done that by feel.