Pickup assembly 33110-17C00 vs 33110-27A00

zollie

Hi there,

Hope someone can assist me, recently acquired a "Race bike" 1988 Slingshot 750 with the "7/11" mod - the pickup wires are hard cracked and exposed. For now I've soldered them and gooped them up with REINZOSIL (+320C safe, claimed), however I would like to source a good or new replacement unit.

From what I gather there were 2 picks - the Parts Diagram I have lists one with only "one pickup" : 33110-17C00

And the one which is currently installed seems to be: 33110-27A00

With that said only the one plug is being used - can I run either of the above? And/or what was the purpose of the "2nd" pickup ?

Thanks,

Zollie

398356914_10161338579224104_4201096070193352493_n.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

MTA3NDU5Njc-cadbcaeb.jpg

Edited by zollie

Two pickups version is older one and it's used with a trigger wheel that has only one tooth. And naturally the ignition control unit must be compatible too.

As far as I know you can use the "two pickups" plate on newer bike and connect only one of the pickups. But I would verify carefully that the pickup is at the exact same location to keep the ignition timing unaffected.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Arttu said:

Two pickups version is older one and it's used with a trigger wheel that has only one tooth. And naturally the ignition control unit must be compatible too.

As far as I know you can use the "two pickups" plate on newer bike and connect only one of the pickups. But I would verify carefully that the pickup is at the exact same location to keep the ignition timing unaffected.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Arttu said:

I always thought it weird when I removed the stock plate from my K/L GSXR to fit a Dyna, that the plate still had the mounts for a second trigger - Denso must have made millions of those plates for earlier models and were just using them up LOL!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, davecara said:

The plate with the two pickups will be from a 1052cc slabby, as youve said you only plug in the left side pickup so any of the oil cooled range will fit in its place. All the oil cooled GSXR range, Teapots,bandit etc

Awesome stuff thanks much appreciated