Vfr 750 swingarm in my bandit

MikeyVeitch

On 10/1/2023 at 4:19 PM, Graeme said:

Ive been looking at similar to a gsxr. All ive learnt so far is there are 2 width swingarms, and only vfr wheels fit. Possible to modify it to take triumph/ducati wheels but not easy from what I've read. 

I’ve done a bit or research and from the looks of it, depending on what gsxr you have, it may be as simple as making the swingarm fit, moving the top shock mount and modifying a different linkage to fit. On my bandit, I’ve explored a thousand ways to do it and the simplest way to me is to hack the job lot off my frame and completely change and re weld the frame to take a full cbr1000rr linkage, shock and bone set. 
Basically when people say it’s easy, they are lying. 
You can do it… if you know how to weld

You don't get bragging rights at the pub for easy mods. I've had a bike with a stock SSSA and they're great for working on, look amazing, easy to clean the wheel etc, but I believe Triumph listed a 40+ lbs difference between the SSSA and the conventional the one time they offered a choice. These days I'd rather go for the weight savings and easier mods, but they do still look good.

21 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

You don't get bragging rights at the pub for easy mods. I've had a bike with a stock SSSA and they're great for working on, look amazing, easy to clean the wheel etc, but I believe Triumph listed a 40+ lbs difference between the SSSA and the conventional the one time they offered a choice. These days I'd rather go for the weight savings and easier mods, but they do still look good.

This thing is gonna spend most of its life as a show bike but if it’s worth saying. I think even if the bike ends up heavier (probably won’t because it’s getting a tail swap), the lighter wheel would probably still make it handle a bit better because I’m cutting down of the rotational mass. 

• Like 1