Pitot tubes

Reinhoud

I crashed my bike about 5 months ago (P-plater doing a turn out of the blue), now I'm rebuilding it, and (try to) make some improvements along the way...

I'm going to make a new plenum with (sort of) velocity stacks, the up pipe is also something where there's something to improve.

My bike was running fine! The up-pipe doesn't look that great, and the inside looks even worse, so I thought may be I can improve that..

The pitot tubes I have in my up-pipe come from a sub-frame from a FZR250, this had a good diameter and a fairly tight bend in the pipe.

The plan is to make a new up-pipe and have it TIG welded by someone who knows what he's doing, but the pitot tubes are the challenge, and this is not something I'd like to experiment with...

No 1; is how I have it at the moment.

My question; does it matter what shape the pitot tubes have?

I don't want to use the old ones because they look like crap.

I'm not able to get a "sharp" bend in the tubes as what I have now, I can make the tubes at the right size, a / the sharp-ish bend is the problem.

So I've got 2 options; a 90 degree angle in the tube, like no 2 in the drawing, or a straight pipe into the uppipe with a 45 degree agle on the bottom as in drawing no 3.

Anyone who knows more about these things?

Thanks.

pitot.jpg

Edited by Reinhoud